Thursday, November 12, 2020

Too many memories too capture, so we’ll take it day by day

I have no idea how I’ll ever be able to share all of the pictures or experiences we had on this once in a lifetime trip. Cole and I decided at the last minute to take a trip down the Oregon coast to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. With an anniversary in December and that being the busiest month at the hospital, I’ve never been allowed to request time off. We used to take a weekend trip or do something fun, but over the past 7-8 years, with travel ball and school events and all the other thousand things we were in charge of, we just quit celebrating. I was not gonna let that happen for this anniversary!  We saw a gap in the schedule and I rearranged a few days and it gave us a week to take off together and see the sights of a Bucket List Dream I’ve had for years. We left after work Tuesday and drove as far as week could. We detoured to the hot pots in Fillmore. We’ve never been there before and decided, why not? In the pitch black, we drove out to the middle of nowhere, following just the guidance of my google maps! Thankfully we could hear people talking out in the darkness, so we walked to their voices and saw them soaking in the warm water. It was cold outside and Cole teased that we should go back and go for a dip. Keep in mind it was already 8 Pm at this point with hours and hours to go! I kindly declined and we journeyed on...but we WILL go back! Haha!  We listened to the election chatter as we drove and were surprised how long we were able to keep going before fatigue set in. We stopped  for In-N-Out fries and shakes by Lagoon and drove clear to Snowville, just before Burley, before finally deciding it was time to call it a night. We ventured down a few dirt roads looking for the perfect spot, but ended up going back towards civilization and parking in an empty diner parking lot. The air mattress was already ready to go, so we awkwardly plopped ourselves inside the back and sleep came easily. Morning came early when the diesels started their engines and patrons pulled into the parking lot of our makeshift hotel. I climbed into the front seat and zipped over to the Flying J to potty while Cole stayed on the air mattress. We glanced through election results again and headed off to start our grand adventure! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XElE9EKAoVid1PlIDVTxlSS4GY6mONXGhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gruONnKVd6WW3hPMo7P5Ep22mkkZ-U4Qhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cvoihrc8Vckf2bfLLSEVz-pEHYLKo4_Chttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1K4enGRpvMbc7FQA0Mc7gAEUdoAZQoz9R

No comments: