How on earth are my twins 7 already?!
No matter how much I stomp my feet, protest, deny and even threaten them...they keep growing up!
They just aren't the chunky, bald little waddlers I remember anymore...they are growing into some scarily handsome little tykes! And I just don't like it!
This year was "friend" year and the boys decided that they wanted to have a "SPY" party and watch a movie in the backyard on the trampoline! Instead of a cake, they wanted a pinata and they wanted hot dogs and peach lemonade! They were very easy to plan for because they knew exactly what they wanted! The hardest part about twins is trying to make sure that each of them got to invite their own friends (besides the ones that they share)...so all in all, we ended up with 15 boys here! I was a little nervous about having that many, but it turned out to be just fine. Besides me having to perform a minor surgery (splinter removal with a needle), everything went great!
Take a look at those masterpieces! haha! The boys wanted a pinata instead of a cake, but man o' man, have you checked out the prices of pinatas lately? They're outrageous! I decided to take a shot at making my own. Initially, it was horrifying. There was floury paste everywhere! The newspaper kept falling apart instead of laying nicely on the balloon. It was frustrating. Then, I started getting the hang of it...and IT. WAS. FUN! In fact, it was invigorating and very therapeutic! I finished with the two I promised the boys I would make and just kept going! I felt like a sculptor:) All in all, I made 4, which was perfect because I was able to fill each of them with smaller amounts of candy and had 4 different types of ways they had to break them! They got to karate chop one, punch one, kick one, and do whatever they wanted to the last one! I think they had a lot of fun! It sounded like it!| Showing off their presents from the office at school! |
| Silly boys! |
| So different! |
For the party favor, each of the boys got to take home one of these swords. We even had a little sword match during the party, but it had to be cut a little short because, man alive, are some boys competitive and aggressive! I was so mad...I made little spy masks for them too, but forgot to give them out! Grrr. At least I'll have some fun halloween party favors!
| I can't believe I caught him in the air! How cool is that shot?! |
| Watching "The Spy Next Door." For the most part, most of the boys sat and watched the movie pretty good. Of course, there were a few that we could never get to sit at all! |
I think the crazy pheasant was the highlight of the party! It was sure a lot of fun though and I was so happy to see my boys have such a great time with all of their friends.
1 comment:
Wow - you've been busy with the birthday parties. You are brave to even make pinatas. I have never attempted it. Where did you find the "recipe"? I ought to try it. :)
Post a Comment