Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kaitlin's Birthday

Jeepers, I am doing my best at trying to keep up, but this poor event was a whole month ago!
 
It is CRAZY to think that my little baby girl is already 11!
She is one of the sweetest girls I know and I am so grateful that she is mine.
This year her birthday was on a Monday, so we started out the day with some homemade donuts!

When she woke up to find the table filled with gifts, she was so excited! We hadn't said much about her birthday, so I think she thought we had all forgotten! Waiting to open those puppies very nearly killed her! haha!
She requested her cake be a San Fransisco Giants cake...so here it is! I love this girl and how much she and her daddy love their Giants! We had a few Angels and Braves fans who declined eating the cake at first...but they eventually came to their senses!

For dinner, Kaitlin requested my homemade chicken noodle soup and garlic rolls! Yum!

Trying to think of what to wish for!


She was so excited to finally get her own tennis racket! I think she has the makings of being an awesome player...just like her mom;)

Cute kids! Happy birthday to our Kater Bug!
 
 
This year was also Kaitlin's year to have a birthday party. She decided to have a co-ed party in the park! We had a blast. There were about 20 kids who came.
We played field games with beach balls, ate some yummy food, played a rockin' game of BINGO and played some basketball!





Of course Cole and Ladd had to play versus all the kids!


How awkward is this picture! Who sends their kid to an 11 year old birthday party with a Victoria Secret bag?!! We were a little nervous about what was inside! Lol!

Of course my boys never go anywhere without a wrestling match taking place...sigh!

Kaitlin got a ton of super awesome gifts, but this pink soccer ball was her favorite!

Her birthday party was a ton of fun and I am so grateful for the sweet group of friends that she has. It was one of our best parties yet because we only planned a few things and then just let the kids hang out, play and have fun together! I can not believe that she is growing up so fast!
 
11Things I Love About My 11 Year old
1. I love her tender heart. She feels things so deeply and notices when people are down.
2. I love what a great big sister she is. She is a great babysitter and looks out for the boys all the time.
3. I love what a great reader she is. She would read all day long if she could!
4. I love how much she wants to be good. She really does want to make good choices and do the right thing.
5. I love how happy she is! She is goofy and happy and smiling all the time!
6. I love how she loves to dance like nobody is watching! Haha!
7. I love that she has one foot a whole size bigger than the other!
8. I love how much she loves school and what a great student she is!
9. I love how talented she is...she can do anything - piano, softball, math, science, reading, singing, etc.
10. I love how happy she is to just be home with her family!
11. I love how much she loves Alli! Their bond is incredible. It melts my heart watching the two of them snuggle each night!

No comments: