Each year for the past several, Cole and I have taken the family to "our place" in Midway, UT.
It is by far my favorite vacation place EVER! I used to think that we needed to have big extravagant vacations, but now I think that the small, consistent ones are just as important.
This particular time share is awesome! It is a 2 bedroom with an awesome loft! We have a huge wrap around deck with a barbecue and an awesome view of the valley! We had a fun, busy schedule this time, but we had just as much fun hanging out on the couch watching a few shows!
Soldier's Hollow Tubing hill is one of our favorite traditions. I particularly love this place because Allison can ride her own tube down all of the slopes all alone! It makes her feel so big!
The day was beautiful! We started out all bundled up, but about half way through, we were down to sweatshirts and hats! It slowed the runs down a little, but it was still so much fun!
As soon as Allison was down the hill, she would run, yes, literally run, clear back to the lift!
So did Brock!!!
Brandon and Cole, on the other hand, just casually meandered back. Yes, that is Cole on his phone! Ugh! It was a busy week to be gone, but our cell phones drove me crazy! I miss the good ol' days when you left on vacation and left the world behind!
The next day we headed to the Olympic Oval to go ice skating! The kids had so much fun last year learning and were super excited to see how they did this year! Brock jumped right back in, after a few dozen falls. Brandon was timid, but did great. Kaitlin was slow, but steady and only took a few big falls. And Allison was our biggest surprise. After I got her that little walker, she went to town! She went around and around and around! She loved it!
Our next stop was the first BYU home baseball game! We were all so excited!
| This is Brock working out before the game! Haha! |
| Alli finishing off our traditional vacation brownies! |
It was a cold, but beautiful day for a game! The boys dream of playing baseball for BYU and had fun just wandering around the stadium and watcing the team warm-up. After the game, they hung out and talked to a few of the players. They each got a ball signed by the team, too.
Coach Littlewood even came over and said hello to Cole. ( He remembered him from down here.)
It was just a fun ending to a great vacation. I love that campus more than I can say!
| How cute did this picture turn out?! It was totally an impromptu snapshot. With a little editting...voila! I love it! |
And of course, we can't drive past Nephi without stopping at Reed's! Our favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment