Thursday, November 19, 2009

October and Halloween

I really should title this "FALL!" That way it wouldn't technically be late, right?! Oh well, I am always late and then post these GIGANTIC posts with tons of pictures! It is one of my goals to do better, but at this point, I am focusing more on goals like scripture reading, prayers, patience, showering daily, walking weekly...you get the idea! Anyway, here is our month of October, in reverse! I once again posted the pictures without thinking, so they are opposite of how they really happened! Oh well, you get the general idea!

My own little pumpkin! This is one of her little Halloween outfits. It says, "Under my spell!" Isn't that the truth! We are all just as fascinated and in love with Allison as we were 10 months ago!


This is Kaitlin's creation!
We wanted to decorate something like pumpkins, but all I had was brownie mix and some misc. candies. This is what transpired! Funny thing, the kids thought they were just as amazing as if I had spent hours making pumpkin shaped sugar cookies with all the trimmings!


Brandon's Creation!

Brock's Creation!

Some friends gave us a trampoline that they weren't using anymore. It has been a huge hit, but I am so grateful that I didn't have to pay for one to find out that they don't use it as often as I thought they would!

Look at those smiles! Isn't is funny that our favorite thing to do on the trampoline is to look at the stars?! Our yard is perfect for that - no neighbors behind us for miles!



Here we are at Riverside Elementary's Annual Halloween Parade. This is a picture of Kaitlin's class. It is quite the rowdy, little class!

There's my little snake! Poor girl - she was supposed to be Minnie Mouse, but when we finally borrowed the costume from a friend, it was a little short!!! It barely covered her tush! So... 1 day before the school Halloween Parade, she decided to just be the snake that Brock had been the year before! What a good sport! She was quite the hit with the boys at school though, so she was happy!


Here is the Kindergarten parade and that is my little Brock, the talking soccer ball! I found Brock and Brandon's costumes at DI, but they were a huge hit! Everyone just loved Brock's! It really fit his personality which was the funniest part!

And there's my Brandon! Is that costume cool or what?! It had its own little fan and everything! He was a huge hit too! He thought it was so funny because the teacher told him that he had a big space bubble that day! That is all he talks about when we talk about the school's Halloween Parade!

Kaitlin took this picture of Alli, but I loved it! She literally played with just the flag for at least a half hour. She kept waving it in the air with a big, huge smile! It made me feel really proud!


Silly girl, she figured out that she loves to climb into baskets....just hasn't figured out how to get back out yet! Actually, I take that back - she HAS figured out how to get out...let out a big ol' scream!

Brock at the Halloween Carnival for my parents' ward.


Brandon with his pumpkin!


Kaitlin and her "pretty" pumpkin!

Brock with his "silly" pumpkin!

Lit up at night!

Kaitlin at the school's carnival, trying to climb the wall.
Brock on the rock wall. It was a little harder for him, but he is super-determined!

We went to a school fundraiser and this is one of the things they wanted the MOST! How could I refuse when they were only a quarter!




So now we skip clear over to the deer hunt! This year Cole didn't even put in because we had other vacations planned, but his brothers - Dallas and Ladd - both drew...and they both got their buck! Ladd brought his over the night they got back and Dallas brought his over a little later. I feel bad we don't have pictures of the kids with Ladd's buck, but ... oh well!

Cute picture! She was fascinated by them! I actually wasn't home when they took this and was a little grossed out that she had actually touched them! Man, after 9 years you would think I would be a little less grossed out by all of this, but...NOPE!


They are as big as Brock!

That's my girl! Look how grossed out she is to be touching them!

Kaitlin got to be Queen of the Day in her class and this is the hat she created! She did a great job and was very proud!



Daddy and Alli snuggling! She has so much fun laying with us in bed in the morning before the kids all wake up and the chaos begins! It is one of my favorite times of the day!

I will cherish this picture until the day I die! This was Brandon and Brock's first day of football practice. They were a little nervous and some of the boys were little BRATS! Look how close together they are! How nice would it be to have your best friend be your twin brother?!

Cute boys!


Warming up before their practice!


She is perfectly content to sit and watch her brothers for hours!


Had to throw this in! This is a picture of how I decorated my front porch for Halloween! I love that porch! That witch was hillarious! She scared so many people!


That almost wraps up our October, with quite a few gaps! I'll try to get to at least some of November before it's too late!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a full....fall! :) Looks like the kids had a ball. You have the cutet house! Brendan thinks the witch is cool, but that he wouldn't be scared. he he