Sunday, May 5, 2013

Brock and Brandon Turn 9!

I have no idea how on earth 9 years have gone by already, but since they boys are adamant that they have in fact, lived 9 LONG years already...I guess I'm going to have to go with it;)
 
Since this is their "on" year for birthday parties, the boys have been anxiously planning this birthday since Kaitlin began planning her party in February!
 
They each wanted a baseball cake, just like Kaitlin's, except with their own favorite teams on them!
They were fun to make! I was pleasantly surprised with how well they turned out!
Plus, the boys both LOVED them, which was a plus!
 Sunday night at about midnight, Cole and I ran to Walmart to grab a few final touches to their birthday day celebration, including treats for their class! I had promised them that this year, I would actually let each of them take a treat, not just bring in one to share! I initially had the day off at work, but a friend had something big come up, so I traded her. Since I had to be at work at 5:30 that morning, I wanted everything to be perfect when they got up! I even waited until they went to bed to make their surprise birthday breakfast - homemade chocolate donuts with sprinkles!





However, to MY surprise, I got a call from Cole that morning saying that Brandon had called him from school saying that he didn't feel good. As soon as Cole checked him out, as they were walking to the car, Brandon threw up:( That is totally no fair to happen to a kid on his birthday!
 
Well, that throwing up also put a damper on the birthday celebrations. We halted our plans for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and told family we weren't going to have cake and ice cream for now.  My beautiful cakes sat uneaten all night! Finally, later that night, Brandon woke up enough to be able to want to open presents and much to the delight of poor little, Brock, who was beside himself having to wait!
Poor Brandon was super slow at opening his....it took all his energy!

I love how sweet and happy is face is! I also love that their trophies from the tournament are still out!

 Now all the kids have their own, new tennis rackets...let the games begin!


 Brandon started laughing as soon as he opened this shirt! He thought it said, "My day is sick!" He wanted to know how I knew to get it! Haha! In reality, I bought the shirts months ago at the Nike Outlet in Vegas, but thought it was definitely ironic that it said, "My game is sick...too bad it isn't contagious!" Especially since the stomach bug Brandon had was as contagious as anything that has ever hit our house! It knocked 5 of us out in the next week!

I love Brock's excitement! Of course, he is a bit of a ham as well, but he REALLY was so excited about this water bottle. I have an INTAK water bottle that I love, but HATE sharing! Finally he got his own!
 
 
We sure love these two and love what good boys they are!
 
Happy birthday to Baby A and Baby B Roundy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awesome job on those cakes, kristin!