Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Too Much Noise

No, this is not the title of my life....although it could be! The kids elementary school decided to put on a school play this year (for the first time ever), entitled Too Much Noise.  I was so excited about the prospect of my kids trying something new, but was so disappointed when they each came home with no intention to try-out.  Well, I tried and tried to convince them, but as soon as my mom caught wind of their lack of desire to participate, she got down to business.  She offered them $5 for each part they tried out for.  Luckily for her, it was a "try-out and we'll put you where we want you" type of thing.  However, he bribery worked and the kids worked hard on their audition.  Each of them got a part!:)
 
Now comes the fun part, and the reason that we may never be able to convince them to try-out for anything again! The play was a kindergarten level play, lasted about 40 minutes and each of them spoke about 12 words! Haha! No joke! Poor Kaitlin was one of the only 5th graders and was so frustrated with the whole thing! Hopefully this will get the ball rolling though and next year the school will have more support and try something a little harder.  However, I don't think I'll force them to participate this time!
 
 Poor Kaitlin did her best to have fun with it and encourage those around her. She is just an awesome kid! Her favorite part of the whole thing was when Oakley and I came to watch the dress rehearsal!

 The boys were both wise men. They are pretty cute wise men, I think!

I am proud of them for trying something new and giving it their best. They memorized the songs, knew their parts and did a great job and making every practice (that we weren't on vacation for)!
I know it doesn't seem like it now...but one day they will be grateful we made them do it!

No comments: