Friday, May 24, 2013

The boys' birthday party

Very honestly, with how traumatic this party was...I hesitate to even write about it!
 
Brandon and Brock have been planning this birthday party for months! They knew exactly what they wanted to do...have a BASEBALL party!
 
M.L.B. Roundy Style!
 
I thought it was a great idea and had so much fun with the theme! We made cute CRY BABY and Sunflower seed take home packs, we had peanuts and hot dogs and nachos. I even had a BRAVES and ANGELS birthday cake! We had baseball cookies, TAKIS (I'm not sure how you spell that. I think they are nasty, but they sure are the new craze at school! Brock LOVES them!), chips, baseballs to sign, bloopers and every imaginable baseball related game I could think of! The boys were supposed to all come dressed in their favorite MLB team apparel!
 
Everything was perfect!
 
Until it wasn't....
 
All week our family battled the stomach flu! It started on the boys birthday, which was Monday, when Brandon threw up. One by one it took us each down!  Thankfully, by Friday, I was starting to feel better.  However, after the boys baseball game Friday night, it hit Cole pretty hard! This is when I began to panic! I could easily handle all the details, food, presents, invites, etc for a massive boys' baseball party, but the baseball game and events?! AAHHH!
 
Oh, how I prayed Cole would get feeling better in time, but as luck would have it....Saturday night he was worse than ever!
 
So Kaitlin and the boys and I headed over to the park a little early and began to set everything up! We set up nets and bases and got out the plastic bats and tennis balls and I prepared myself for chaos!
 
Thankfully our friend, Sean, showed up to give the boys their present and decided to stay for a bit.
At least that meant that there were 2 adults when all the kids started coming!
Ladd and Krystal and my parents showed up a little after that I was starting to feel a little less worried.  The boys were out playing ball in the field, the food was all ready to go...phew!
 
A few minutes after thinking that thought, one of the kids came over and sat on the table (where all the food was set-up.) He looked a little pale and I asked him if he was okay.  His reply, "I'm not feeling so great, I'm just going to sit down for a minute."  Now, he is part of boys' Braves baseball team, which stomach flu had flown through the week before and he had had it early in the week.  I teased him about throwing up and reminded him there was plenty of grass if he was going to puke!  He grinned, nodded and then before I knew what was happening....HE PUKED!  ALL.OVER.ME!  I quickly got him heading to the bathroom and away from the food, all the while the poor guy just kept hurling! (Now, let's get one thing straight! While I am a nurse, I DO NOT DO puke well.  Cole is the one who cleans it all up at our house.  All those years of puking with pregnancy and all it takes is a half dry heave and I puke.) Nonetheless, this poor little guy (who we adore) needed my help! We headed to the boys bathroom, which smelled like a moldy outhouse and this poor kid pukes all over the floor, all over the urinal, all over the sink and yes, even more on my shoes! :(
 
While I was in the bathroom with him, my parents ran home and got a hose and Sean and my dad began trying to spray down the gazebo! Krystal and my mom kept the boys out in the field because the last thing I wanted was for anyone else to get sick! Haha!
 
It was seriously a disaster, but I have to admit we did laugh about it later that night! (Especially as parents came to get the boys and heard about it.  Most of the team had all had the pukes all week, so it was just kind of a funny irony! Haha!)
 
Anyway, after we got the puke cleaned up, the boys ate, watched bloopers and played pickle! It was fun to see them all just out having fun together, without any bossy coaches!
 
I'll tell you what though, man alive are those little buggers competitive! I couldn't believe them arguing over every strike, ball, out, etc! That is where I sure could have used Cole! I wanted to beat them! Lol!
 
The boys had an absolute blast and got some AWESOME gifts!
 
I am so grateful for these fun boys that they get to grow up with! It's gonna be a great next decade watching them all grow up and play ball together! At the end of the party all the boys signed a baseball for Brandon and Brock!
 
It is definitely going to be a hard party to beat!


Sporting their new UnderArmor Slugfest shirts!

Scott hitting into the net!

Watching bloopers and having a blast!


I LOVE Easton's face in this one! Cute little Brock, too!

Goofy boys! Check out those awesome bouquets! They were full of seeds, jerky, Gatorade, a baseball and candy! They were awesome!

No comments: