I loved these two quotes I found about fathers. Daddy's just have a way of putting things into perspective and making the world so much more fun!
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived,
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived,
and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
This next quote reminded me so much of Cole. He loves our kids so much and is so good at putting everything else after them and letting them be kids! Everytime we go to Richfield, Cole points out the spot in the grass in his yard where there used to be base paths from all the baseball he and his brothers played together in the front yard. The boys are all grown up and gone now, but little bits of the path still remain! I am grateful he is willing to build those same memories with our kids!
This next quote reminded me so much of Cole. He loves our kids so much and is so good at putting everything else after them and letting them be kids! Everytime we go to Richfield, Cole points out the spot in the grass in his yard where there used to be base paths from all the baseball he and his brothers played together in the front yard. The boys are all grown up and gone now, but little bits of the path still remain! I am grateful he is willing to build those same memories with our kids!
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew
Our daddy is...
So, despite writing it in my "To do" list - completely neglected to take even one picture of Cole or my dad for Father's Day this year! But I still love them both so much and had a great father's day. First, Father's Day started off last night with a surprise date to dinner, the golf course and the park for dessert - cheesecake, whipped cream and one fork! It would have been super romantic, but I teased Cole telling him that I was taking him to the park so we could make-out! He was seriously traumatized! He wouldn't even get out of the car. He said, and I quote, "I am not going to go out there and make a spectacle of myself!" Yes, now you see what I live with! For the record, I have NEVER made him go make out in a park....but we ARE married...good grief. When we got back from our date, the whole family headed out to the trampoline to watch Johnny Lingo. We slept most of the night out there, until Cole and I headed inside. Good thing we did too, since the sprinklers came on at 4:00 and we heard the kids screaming! Everything was soaked and we ended up all piled into bed! The morning, therefore, started a little late, but Cole was served his favorite breakfast, waffles, and then got his gifts - His favorite cereal, Raisin Bran, with a quote that said, "Happy Father's day to a very special daddy who is "RAISIN" some pretty great kids." I also made a batch of his all-time favorite treat - Orange dreamsicle fudge. He was so surprised! He got some cute little cards and pictures from the kids and then of course, his very special gift - a Worth baseball glove. It still hasn't come yet, but he knows it is! Then we were off to church. After church, we had my dad and mom over and had yummy Taco Salads and a super yummy icecream cake that I tried for the first time! It was super fancy and turned out beautifully! We gave my dad his gifts, pictures for his wallet (since he shows them to EVERYONE), a loaf of my homemade wheat bread (his favorite) and a batch of fudge (his other favorite!) and enjoyed just hanging out for a bit. Cole headed off to work and that's where he still is. I feel grateful today for my wonderful dad who I never have any doubt loves me. I am so grateful for all the sacrifices he makes and made for me and am also so grateful for my Cole, who makes those same sacrifices for our kids. They are both amazing men and I am one lucky girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment