Monday, June 28, 2010

A Very Busy Week - Tuesday

Tuesday morning was another busy one. It started at 9am with the Pine View Cross Country Running clinic. The kids have been doing this all summer and it has been such a great thing for them. The team members run the clinic and teach them all about running form, warm-up, etc. Then they have race days and the kids get prizes. It has been so fun, but as the summer keeps going, the days, even that early in the morning are getting HOT! After the running clinic, it was off to the County library to redeem their reading prizes and then over to the school library for an exchange of their take-home reading books.


I love this picture! The doctor told us not to let ANY sun get on Brock's skin graft. Even with sunblock, Brock worries that it gets sun on it...therefore we bought this hat for his peace of mind! I don't know how he can even see from under that brim!

I have been so proud of Kaitlin. She is a great little runner. She doesn't have the sprint form that I have, instead she has a great stride and carries herself well. I think we may have found something fun for her for her whole life! She does really well in the races, too!
By the time we finally got home from running all of our errands and going to summer lunch, it was about noon. I thought I would have the afternoon to pack and get ready to go to Panguitch, but Cole surprised us by getting off early! He came home and actually helped load everything and after a thorough detailing of the car (who does that before a vacation?), we finally left for Panguitch - a few hours ahead of schedule even!



Allison was all ready to go and get the "show on the road!"


The whole crew - packed to the hilt and ready to hit the road! We had the longest drive ever! They were doing construction on the 15 and we went about thirty miles in over an hour. It took forever and was so anti-climatic for the early start we got.



Finally we made it! The kids in front of Darcee and CJ's house in Panguitch. This has become one of our favorite vacation spots. We just love the way life slows down in that small town and how the house has such a great feel. It is always great whenever we're there and we all feel so close!



No comments: