Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summing up our last weeks of school

May has gone by in a whirlwind. Not so much with major things, but just lots of little "have to be here's," "have to do's," "have to make," etc. Looking back, I still didn't have a camera I liked, so I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but still, I got enough to remember some things!



Every year we look forward to the Cotton Days' Parade. Last year it was amazing. So many companies in the community were there and there was tons of candy and the kids absolutely had blast. This year, it was just sad and boring! Sorry, but it was the truth!



We camped out in our usual spot by the post office and enjoyed the shade of the tree there! There was also some cloud cover that morning, so it was actually nice!





The other thing we did was go to our ward's Father and Sons campout. WHAT? Yes, you heard me right. This year, our Bishopric decided that instead of doing the traditional "Father and Sons" campout, they wanted it to be a family event. They wanted dad's to be able to bring their daughters too. And, of course, moms were invited too. It was met with quite a bit of resistance, especially since it was Mother's Day weekend. Nonetheless, our family went and we had a great time. We weren't able to spend the night since Cole had to work Saturday morning at 5:30, but we did go up for the fireside and dinner. I'm glad we went and the kids had a lot of fun with friends from the ward.

This was a mattress swing! I have never seen one, but it was AWESOME! I asked Cole to make me one, but he said no!:)




Brother Finch did the fireside that night. He did a great job. He had all the boys line up from oldest to youngest and had us look at the line of missionaries that were being prepared. He had them sing, "I hope they call me on a mission." I couldn't help but cry as I watched these sweet boys sing about turning their lives over to the Lord. It really is a miracle that so many boys are willing to do it. I can't imagine the blessings that follow them throughout their whole lives because of the sacrifice they are willing to make for the Lord. I am preparing myself now for the years when my boys will be out on their missions, it's gonna be hard on mommy too!


I just love this picture. Brock was hanging out with Morgan all night. He thought he was the "coolest kid!" It makes such a difference when an older kid pays attention to the younger ones. We just never realize what kind of influence we have on those around us!





And finally, Kaitlin's 2nd grade class. For teacher appreciation week, I made up a song to the tune of "Take Me out to the Ball game!" She is dating one of Cole's friends who LOVES softball and she has been trying really hard to learn all about the game! We based the entire week around that theme! It was really fun!


Here's the poster I made to decorate her door! I love how it turned out! I also love doing posters like this instead of just decorating the door because then the teachers can keep them afterwards. The kids loved looking at and laughing about their various movements!


No comments: