Halloween seemed to hang in the air FOREVER this year! It started 3 weeks before Halloween when we headed to Richfield to go to the pumpkin with Grandma Roundy. We had so much fun! Allison loved the "farm dog" and spent most of her time oohing and aahing over it, but the rest of us were captivated by the pumpkins! I had initially told each of the kids that they could get 1 medium sized one and a little one only, but wow...when I got there, I am a little ashamed to admit it - but I went crazy! It was so much more fun than I remembered it being in years' past. After we finally got all of our pumpkins loaded, we headed back to Grandma's to decorate them. It was so much fun to bring home this slew of pumpkins and decorate the front porch with them.



Searching for gourds


The puppy that Alli loved - until she had to pose for the picture!

We crammed pumpkins into every spot we could!





The next weekend, the kids' went to a Halloween party at a friend from school's house. They were supposed to bring appetizers or desserts, so this is what we came up with! It was such a kid friendly treat to make and they were YUMMY! Brandon has wanted me to make the eyeballs a lot since then, and it is definitely a simple, delicious treat that I'm sure we will be making more of.

Quick pic before heading off to school! Kaitlin is Pippi Longstocking, Brandon is a BYU football player and Brock is a spy!


Allison really wanted to be in the parade too! And with her cute skeleton jammies she probably would have been a big hit!

The next weekend, the kids' went to a Halloween party at a friend from school's house. They were supposed to bring appetizers or desserts, so this is what we came up with! It was such a kid friendly treat to make and they were YUMMY! Brandon has wanted me to make the eyeballs a lot since then, and it is definitely a simple, delicious treat that I'm sure we will be making more of.
Then, on Friday, the kids had a parade at school where they all get to walk the track and show off their costumes to all their peers. Krystal and I had so much fun watching all the kids "in character!" Then I went back to school later to help at Kaitlin's class party (I'm soooo enjoying just helping instead of being the room mom this year!) and after that, 3 very hyper and very tired kids came home and took naps! They could barely wait for Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment