Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soccer Season

I love soccer season. I love the cool, crisp mornings. I love the sound of shoes meeting shin guards.
I love the adrenaline rush I feel watching my kids do something they love. Something I loved too.
I love the way my kids have their weeks planned out by what they have going on - practice, game, etc.
I love that Brandon and Brock's coach loves them so much and that he has really made an effort to know them individually and not just as "the twins!"  Very often I look over and see him full-out belly laughing at them and their crazy antics! I love it!

I love that Kaitlin is the "go-to" girl on her team.  Whenever there is a throw-in or a big kick - they have her do it.  Good grief, she can boot the ball half-way down the field - of course they want her to kick it! I love that she is really good this year.  She worked hard all year so that she would be.  I'm glad it paid off for her.
But mostly, I love this...sitting and cheering together. This is something our family will be doing lots of.
And I couldn't enjoy spending my time doing anything else more.




Brandon lost a tooth during his first game.  Poor kid, that is his 4th tooth that has come out in a freak thing.  At least this one was actually wiggly.

I guess I probably shouldn't have given them both haircuts just before their first game!  They are a little harder for people to tell apart when they both have buzzed heads! ( I honestly don't know why. I don't even think they look that much alike!)


Look at that smile on Kaitlin's face. I'm telling you - the girl LOVES this game.


Captains - you should have heard their lamentations when they didn't win the coin toss! You would have thought they died!  I actually had to go tell her (during the game) that she needed to quit screaming.  Any time she would miss the ball or do a bad kick or anything - she would scream! It was funny, but annoying!


It never fazed her though!  She still had a blast!  (Even though their team has lost every game so far!)

1 comment:

Shannon Kaeding Photography said...

So fun. I can't wait till Haylee plays.