These are some pictures I took of her in her baptism dress. I think they turned out pretty good considering the age of my camera!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
I Belong to the Church ...
My baby girl was baptized last night. It is hard to even describe the plethora of feelings that encompass an event like that. I thought I was prepared...not even close. Walking into the prayer meeting and seeing Kaitlin and her daddy dressed in white surrounded by the dozen or so other baptismal candidates and their fathers dressed in white brought to mind an image of what it must have looked and felt like in the presence of our Father in Heaven. The room was glowing and the smile on Kaitlin's face was the brightest I have ever seen. Knowing that my little girl was making one of the first most important decisions she'll make in her life is a humbling feeling as a parent. Thoughts race through my mind ...have I taught her enough? Have I been a good example? Have I always been honest with her? Does she know Heavenly Father listens to her prayers? Does she really understands the atonement and how important it is to repentant everyday? Really, the answer is probably no to most of these questions, and yet, in one moment of the Baptism program, I had a confirmation that she knows enough and that she'll be just fine. As I looked at her sitting up on the 2nd row with Cole, a funny thing happened - she wasn't my little girl anymore. Instead, she seemed a little more grown up and a little more like someone else's little girl. Someone who loved her so much He let her come to earth, to an imperfect mother and father, to make her own choices and learn life's lessons in her own way. I felt humbled to have been entrusted with this amazing daughter of God's care. After she was baptized and we were in the dressing room, she was all grins (despite her chattering teeth!) When I asked her how she felt, she said, "I can't describe it, but I feel so many things all at once. If I could explain it, I would." And that simple statement from my 8 year old little girl says it all. There really are no words to describe what took place last night. A change, a little gift from heaven -a glimpse of what's to come. And this I know...what's to come is BEAUTIFUL, beyond all description, grand enough to strengthen us through life's inevitable moments, and worth all we have to give!
These are some pictures I took of her in her baptism dress. I think they turned out pretty good considering the age of my camera!


These are some pictures I took of her in her baptism dress. I think they turned out pretty good considering the age of my camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Adorable..She looks like you;)
That is so special. I know that I will be very emotional when Caleb is baptized this summer. You're pictures are beautiful. What a great idea to take pictures of her in her special dress. :)
Post a Comment