A few days ago, we decided to head off to our favorite place - the Airport park. For us, there is something magical about that place. It's been that way for almost 8 years! It was the perfect retreat. The weather was beautiful and we had the park to ourselves, as usual! I felt so humbled by the wonderful views and uplifted by the fresh spring air. The grass is such a gorgeous shade of green and the trees are full and shady and the flowers are in full bloom. The planes were busy that day and all in all, it was a great getaway and refresher for mom! So for now...the song is going to finish with, "There is beauty all around when you're in St. George!" (And I'll just have to keep working on my messy house and keep my cranky temperament in check! )
Saturday, April 24, 2010
There is beauty all around...
...we all know the words to the song finish in, "when there's love at home!" Unfortunately, I am one CRANKY mother these days! It feels like I work and work and work to keep the house clean and within hours it is a disaster again! I have baskets for everything - balls, barbies, cars, animals, etc. I have shoe racks and laundry baskets and trash cans galore, and yet, where does it all end up? ON THE FLOOR! Aaaahhh! I am one of those people that have a place for everything - my keys, my diaper bag, the wipes, my toothbrush, the tweezers, the pens, the pencils, the guest towels - I am sure you get the picture. I don't lose things. If I do, it's usually because one of my kids or husband has gotten ah old of it! Anyway, Cole is the exact opposite! He flops his things wherever ... and then is annoyed a week later when his receipt isn't sitting on the counter by the barstools where he left it! What the heck?! Anyway, needless to say, perhaps there hasn't been quite as much BEAUTY at home as I would prefer. Maybe I should restate that! When we are outside in the yard, things are great! It's just when I walk inside and see the clutter or mess that it all goes south! So, since I have been enjoying completing several projects I have been working on lately, we have been outside ALOT! I just take the laptop and do my work in my rocking chair on the front porch! I love it! And really, my kids, including Alli, would rather be outside - so other than the house that stays dirty - it's a WIN-WIN!
A few days ago, we decided to head off to our favorite place - the Airport park. For us, there is something magical about that place. It's been that way for almost 8 years! It was the perfect retreat. The weather was beautiful and we had the park to ourselves, as usual! I felt so humbled by the wonderful views and uplifted by the fresh spring air. The grass is such a gorgeous shade of green and the trees are full and shady and the flowers are in full bloom. The planes were busy that day and all in all, it was a great getaway and refresher for mom! So for now...the song is going to finish with, "There is beauty all around when you're in St. George!" (And I'll just have to keep working on my messy house and keep my cranky temperament in check! )

A few days ago, we decided to head off to our favorite place - the Airport park. For us, there is something magical about that place. It's been that way for almost 8 years! It was the perfect retreat. The weather was beautiful and we had the park to ourselves, as usual! I felt so humbled by the wonderful views and uplifted by the fresh spring air. The grass is such a gorgeous shade of green and the trees are full and shady and the flowers are in full bloom. The planes were busy that day and all in all, it was a great getaway and refresher for mom! So for now...the song is going to finish with, "There is beauty all around when you're in St. George!" (And I'll just have to keep working on my messy house and keep my cranky temperament in check! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean, Kristin. I like things neat and in their place as well, and it is so frustrating when I feel like the only one trying to keep it that way. I've resolved to get all my "helpers" on board and trained to help. It is going to be a process, but I definitely feel that a clean home can make us all feel better being in it and my boys are old enough to take some responsibility in helping keep it that way. I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy getting outside and playing in the gorgeous weather, though. That's a great recharge. :)
Post a Comment