"Do you listen with love when someone heart is breaking,
Or do you simply choose which judgement you'll be making?

Well, it's time to turn around
Who knows why these lyrics came to my mind, but they struck me. My family and my dear friends mean so much to me. Am I giving them what I should? And most importantly, are my attitude and actions showing my Father in Heaven and Savior how much I love them? I have been involved in Primary for a little over 4 years now, and as much as I love it, sometimes it all becomes a little too much! Recently, I was frustrated and remember praying, "I have 4 little kids, Lord. I give enough just trying to be a good mom! Do I really need to deal with Primary, and all the meetings and callings, and everyone else's problems too?!" His response may have been a month of misery so I could change my perspective! Needless to say, I have seen anew all the good that goes on around me...and I am humbled and awed. My heart has been softened, to the point of almost continual tears, as I watch loving acts of kindness being given to those in need. These acts of kindness aren't huge, instead, they are just heartfelt offerings of whatever can be given. It reminds me of the Widow's mite - she didn't have much to give, but what she had, she gave. I am humbled and I am grateful for the love that is shown to our family and for the service and love that we are able to give to others. My favorite song has always been a different song by Michael McLean. (Something you didn't know about me - Michael McLean was an idol at our house. My dad knew him personally, so he often stayed at our home while he was in California touring. He even stayed in MY room! We own every CD he ever produced and I have most every song memorized! I absolutely love his music!) Anyway, I always loved "Who Will Be the Real Hero?" It always seemed to put into perspective what mattered in life. I would usually have it in my walkman (because that's what we had back then) and when I had a big race or game coming up, or when I had "boy trouble," or anything else difficult in my life, this is usually the song I would turn to! Funny thing - it still is! And somehow through the lyrics I end up feeling my Savior rooting for me, standing right beside me, saying,"You CAN make it and you CAN give a little more. It IS worth it."
I love this quote by President James E. Faust, "We do not prove our love for the Savior by doing 'some great thing.' We show our love for the Savior by doing the many small acts of faith, devotion and kindness to others that define our character."
And find out where your greatest joys are found."
Who knows why these lyrics came to my mind, but they struck me. My family and my dear friends mean so much to me. Am I giving them what I should? And most importantly, are my attitude and actions showing my Father in Heaven and Savior how much I love them? I have been involved in Primary for a little over 4 years now, and as much as I love it, sometimes it all becomes a little too much! Recently, I was frustrated and remember praying, "I have 4 little kids, Lord. I give enough just trying to be a good mom! Do I really need to deal with Primary, and all the meetings and callings, and everyone else's problems too?!" His response may have been a month of misery so I could change my perspective! Needless to say, I have seen anew all the good that goes on around me...and I am humbled and awed. My heart has been softened, to the point of almost continual tears, as I watch loving acts of kindness being given to those in need. These acts of kindness aren't huge, instead, they are just heartfelt offerings of whatever can be given. It reminds me of the Widow's mite - she didn't have much to give, but what she had, she gave. I am humbled and I am grateful for the love that is shown to our family and for the service and love that we are able to give to others. My favorite song has always been a different song by Michael McLean. (Something you didn't know about me - Michael McLean was an idol at our house. My dad knew him personally, so he often stayed at our home while he was in California touring. He even stayed in MY room! We own every CD he ever produced and I have most every song memorized! I absolutely love his music!) Anyway, I always loved "Who Will Be the Real Hero?" It always seemed to put into perspective what mattered in life. I would usually have it in my walkman (because that's what we had back then) and when I had a big race or game coming up, or when I had "boy trouble," or anything else difficult in my life, this is usually the song I would turn to! Funny thing - it still is! And somehow through the lyrics I end up feeling my Savior rooting for me, standing right beside me, saying,"You CAN make it and you CAN give a little more. It IS worth it."
I love this quote by President James E. Faust, "We do not prove our love for the Savior by doing 'some great thing.' We show our love for the Savior by doing the many small acts of faith, devotion and kindness to others that define our character."


1 comment:
You have a beautiful way of expressing yourself- My words just get so jumbled up when I try to write 'em... hope all gets better and so glad you have great friends and family to bring cheerful spots admist trials!
Post a Comment