Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Decade in Review

I saw this on other blogs and started working on it in the beginning of January with the goal of having it done by the end of January! Well, today is the last day of January...so I did it! The last 10 years have been so crazy and have definitely been filled with tons of changes, but also with tons of blessings and miracles! It kills me to see how different I look, but I guess it's a good thing to realize it! Anyway, here is a very brief synopsis of my last decade!

2000
Sent my bestfriend/boyfriend on a mission
Met "Elder Roundy" and his family on trip back from Rexburg 4 weeks later


Traveled to El Paso, TX to accept a scholarship from the Rotary Club



Graduated from Apple Valley High School 3rd in my class, left to start summer classes at Ricks College the next morning


Got engaged on July 3rd


Started 1st semester of Ricks' College Nursing Program
Spoke at a devotional with President Bednar

Learned that Ricks College would be changed to a 4 year university and changed to BYU-Idaho


Got married in the Manti temple on Dec 16


2001
Miscarried twins
Got pregnant again
Threw up, threw up, threw up!
Cole traveled all around playing golf and taking his PAT -turned Pro
Coached girls' volleyball for our stake
Played softball with our stake
Learned to golf
Applied for and was accepted to the Accelerated program at BYU-Idaho
Cole moved to St. George to start working and I stayed in Rexburg for 8 weeks
Graduated early from BYU-Idaho's nursing program in December
Moved to St. George

2002
Started working as an RN at Dixie Regional Medical Center on the Medical/Oncology floor
Went into pre-term labor and had Kaitlin McKayla 6 weeks early on March 18


Returned to BYU-Idaho to graduate with my nursing class
Bought our first house


2003

Took position as Educator of Medical/Oncology department
Found out I was pregnant; found out right away that they were twins


2004
Went into labor on March 18(Kaitlin's birthday) and was lifeflighted to LDS Hospital where I stayed for 4 1/2 weeks.
Brandon and Brock were born 5 1/2 weeks early, but were healthy and came right home
Spent a whole lot of the year sitting in a recliner nursing twins
Cole competed on Salt Lake Community College's summer league baseball team
Traveled back and forth to Salt Lake City 3-4 times per week with 3 babies
under the age of 2 to watch Cole play ball.





2005
Went to Cabo for the first time - fell in love with it

Became charge nurse of Medical/Oncology unit, remained educator,
became Chemotherapy Certified
Played girls and coed softball with Cole for St. George City's rec league
Sold our first house in only 3 days for over double what we paid for it and bought my "dream home" in Washington Fields the next day


Got called as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency
Participated in Intermountain Healthcare's corporate committee for Healing for Life


2006
Turned down offer to become manager of Medical/Oncology Unit
Realized my priorities were in the wrong place so I quit everything extra and began working nights
Went to Cabo again




2007
Swam all summer with the Charles' family
My oldest baby started Kindergarten


Called as Primary president
Transferred to Labor and Delivery unit, working part-time nights and found my joy in nursing

2008
Purchased Keep It Green Lawn Care from Ryan
Rented a Bobcat and completely re-did our backyard while Cole was at work
Found out I was pregnant and was hospitalized one week later with an occluded right kidney
Spent the next 24 weeks on bedrest with PICC lines, IV fluids and antibiotics
Had 8 surgeries in that 24 week period
Saw a doctor - OB and perinatology - every 2 weeks for 24 weeks (the way the schedule worked, I saw one of them every week!)
Cole turned 30
Spent 4 days in the hospital for pre-term labor at 32 weeks
Allison McKell came 5 weeks early, but was healthy


2009
Quit my job to stay home and be a full-time mommy - a huge leap of faith
After having my 5 week preemie little girl in the middle of RSV and flu season, I became a "germ freak!"
My twins started Kindergarten
Took our first trip to the beach and Disneyland with the kids

Got my first set of custom golf clubs
Took Kaitlin to see a neurosurgeon at Primary Children's Medical Center and counted our blessings when we found out that the syrinx on Kaitlin's spinal cord was too small to be operated on
Allison turned 1 and started walking

Celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary


And...here we are now! I just can't believe how crazy the last decade has been, but what is even scarier is how crazy the next 10 years are going to be! 10 years from now Kaitlin will be turning 18 and my boys will be turning 16! I can't even imagine what lies ahead of us, but I can't wait!

2 comments:

Kaysie Adams said...

Love it! Love it! So fun to look back. What a great idea! So, when I first looked at the baby picture of Kaitlin, I thought it was Alli! She looks just like her!

amberkei said...

That's amazing to be able to look back at the last decade like that! So cool!